Tuesday, January 02, 2007

How I Rue January 2

Hello all. Happy New Year and all that. What can I say about the New Year and resolutions that has not already been said? Not a whole bunch.

My resolutions amount to being "better" all around, as they do every year. To being the super-improved Kielbasa that has it all figured out, treats everyone kindly, tells side-splitting jokes, eats all the right things, dresses like a devil in Prada, and is on the career fast track.

In the spirit of "visualization," I Photoshopped a picture of myself onto a boat I really, really want to have in 2007:



More likely, I will continue to be a gal who acts like she knows what the hell she's doing, throws an occasional tantrum, tells jokes that fall flat, eats chocolate and spends precious money on coffee beverages, wears white cotton socks and T-shirts religiously, and laughs with her coworkers when she could be penning an Oscar-winning screenplay that pays for the retirement of her and her extended family.

Best not to aim too high.

When I look back at 2006, I must admit it was pretty darn great. Who's to say this coming year won't exceed all our expectations? Fingers crossed!

No comments: