Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Not Much

Well, I said Tuesday, and it's Tuesday, so...

My computer is majorly on the fritz. Completely inoperable. Am I using that word right? Or are you only supposed to use it when you're talking about a malignant tumor?

I'm using Sausage's computer so I can't upload any lovely photos of my day at the Chicago Botanic Gardens with Ma. I also have no theme whatsoever. Just a coupla tidbits:

~ If you have anything at all you value on your computer, like, say, PHOTOS, or DOCUMENTS, be sure to back them up. Don't learn the hard way. Not that I had to learn the hard way, I'm just sayin'. I wish I'd done this sooner. Get an external hard drive or sign up for mozy.com, a site that came highly recommended to me.

~ Something that drove me absolutely nuts in Mexico was that there were no hooks on the doors of bathroom stalls. No place to hang a purse, or in my case, a gigantic backpack filled with goodies for the day (laptop, books, water, etc). Beautiful marble bathrooms, automated toilets and sinks, but the hooks were overlooked. Mind-boggling.

Being a germophobe, I quickly learned to take some paper hand towels with me into the stall, lay them all over the floor, then gently place my bag on top. I can be preeeeetty crafty!

~ I just watched two episodes of Roseanne, back to back, on Nick at Nite. It's timeless. Great writing, great acting. Now Cosby's on. Sigh. I love TV. I hereby vow to start watching more of it.

~ Many of you don't care, but the networks have the upfronts this week, where they announce which pilots got picked up and what the fall schedule will be. Stay tuned for Wednesdays on ABC, where three great new shows will be in lined up: Pushing Daisies, Private Practice (Grey's Anatomy spinoff), and Dirty Sexy Money. Reminds me of the good old days with can't-miss TV night at Frankie's - 90210 and Melrose Place, of course!

1 comment:

act22 said...

THE LEFT HAND. WE WANT A PICTURE OF THE LEFT HAND.