Monday, April 02, 2007

Pack Your Way to Financial Freedom!

OK, the title of this blog is only half-accurate. It’s about packing clothes, not financial freedom, but I wanted to get across how revolutionary an idea this one is. It’s been on my mind for WEEKS, ever since I first heard of it. Forget about the Oprah Secret, my friends, this is the only Secret you need to know. If you’re traveling.

The idea first came into my world when DeeHo was packing for her 10-day trip to Israel and fretting over how to pack as efficiently as possible. Everyone has their quirk, and this is DeeHo’s. She’ll easily spend seven minutes wondering aloud whether to bring toothpaste or buy it there. Or bring it. Or buy it. While she does this I politely ignore her.

DeeHo had a friend over that night whose name I can never recall, so we’ll call her Jackie. Jackie asked, “Are you doing blacks or browns?” D and I looked at each other, puzzled.

Jackie explained that when you go on a trip you decide what you want to wear more of, blacks or browns, and you go from there. If you go with blacks, you bring your black shoes, jacket, purse, accessories, and everything else to match. No browns allowed. Committing to one is the hard part, but it makes packing a wondrous new experience. This I promise.

**************
If you haven’t been watching, tune in to Andy Barker, PI. Love it! Last week he went nuts on somebody for calling him a bookkeeper (he's actually an accountant/detective combination).

No comments: