Sunday, April 01, 2007

Kielbasa's Back

Oh, how I’ve missed blogging! It’s good to be back.

Let’s get the shameless promotion out of the way first… if you wonder what I’ve been up to the last few months, my bosses were kind enough to let me write the first original webisode series for our show which launched on Friday. There will be eight total, one per week. While I like the first few just fine, they get juicier toward the end, so I hope you’ll check back and watch them weekly! I’ll remind you in case you forget.

This weekend marked the unofficial start of summer in LA, as far as I’m concerned. All signs pointed to summer. It may be only hinting at spring everywhere else in the country, but the past two days were all about outdoor dining and gazing at the ocean. True, I was on the lookout for affirmation, but I swear I noticed more families than usual hanging outside, bumper-to-bumper traffic on PCH, and the scent of grilled meat in the air. All to the beat of Will Smith’s “Summertime” playing on the soundtrack in my head.

What else to do on an easy, breezy, inaugural summer weekend than eat and drink in Malibu? It was straight out of my little girl fantasies of living in LA! Saturday was a fine meal of nachos and fish at Duke’s, and Sunday was spent at Paradise Cove chowing on more nachos and fried calamari. Don’t worry, it was all shared food, no need to pull out the elastic-waist stretch pants. Yet.

Shrek and I had delicious margaritas at Duke's, but my friends and I agreed that our mojitos at the Cove weren’t cold enough (too much mint, not enough ice) and therefore not the refreshing drink you want to pair with bar food. I tasted someone’s strawberry daquiri which was top notch, however.

Tomorrow, it’s back to real life, work, and striving for wellness. But for a few more hours, I’ll enjoy fishing the breaded, greasy goodness stuck in my teeth.

Celeb spotting:
Today, Roma Downey and fiancé Mark Burnett strolling along the beach with their horselike dog. And even better, two weeks ago I saw BORAT – Sacha Baron Cohen – and fiancée Isla Fisher while getting gelato. What a thrill!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very fantastic...blogging writing and spot.

luvin' u

mgm

Meredith R. said...

so good to have you back in the blogosphere. Congrats on the webisodes!

Anonymous said...

Yes, your back! I always get my way.