Monday, April 23, 2007

You're Hired, I'm Tired

Sunday night, thanks to JerDerr, DeeHo and I got to attend the finale of The Apprentice at the Hollywood Bowl. We had amazing box seats that would cost a pretty penny if we had paid for them to see a concert. Our view of the stage:
We had great fun people-watching before the program. There were quite a lot of Beautiful People in our section, including former Apprentice winner Omarosa, who had made a real effort to dress up. D and I were decked out in mismatching rain gear... because it was supposed to rain, and we're practical like that. The crowd before taping:

Three women from Jersey sat behind us, and would simultaneously amuse and appall us by saying things like, "That guy with the nose is here, the one who looks like he's with the Taliban," and, "Oh, I didn't realize the Oriental was still on the show." The three of them looked like they were on their way to meet up with The Sopranos later.

The taping itself went by really quickly, and I was glad because I was starting to peter out toward the end. I thought The Donald seemed a little nervous to be doing the show live, but he was very focused and would look over his cue cards during commercials.

In the last act it did start to drizzle. Who was prepared for it? Not the Beautiful People!

No comments: