Friday, December 15, 2006

Cheap Christmas Gift Idea

If you're stuck with a lot of people to gift and not much cash to do it, I'll let you borrow the idea I came up with yesterday:

Peppermint Fudge Squares in Pretty Little Baggies

You need the fudge recipe, which looks simple enough. Note: sub peppermint extract for vanilla, and while the fudge is hardening sprinkle some crushed candy canes on top.

You also need to make a trip to Michaels (the craft store), where they have a baking aisle. Get clear plastic baggies (enough for four 1 inch squares) and those candy paper holders (I got GOLD for some extra holiday pizazz). Don't forget to buy the 8x8 inch pan if you need one. Then find some pretty ribbon to tie the bags, plus some holiday tags to let everyone know who created these culinary gems. All this cost me under $20.


I think they'll turn out splendidly. I'll take a photo of the finished product and post it later!

Have a lovely weekend!

Today's Coffee Beverage: Plain old Starbucks latte.

1 comment:

Dollymama said...

Thanx for the recipe! I am going to try it!