Monday, December 04, 2006

Whodunit?

What did you do this weekend? See a movie? Go to brunch? Get an oil change? How boring and sad for you.

Maybe you should think about finding some fun friends, like the ones who throw murder mystery parties!
I happen to be so lucky, and this Sunday I spent some time prepping for the event of the year*.

The party was hosted by T-finger and JollyB in their comfortable and beautifully decorated West Hollywood home. Guests were sent information in advance on who their character was and how to dress. I was Sophia Provanzano, Sicilian mob queen. Shrek was Ed Sloan, used-car salesman. His costume was beyond perfect, down to the faux combover.

I was impressed with the variety of characters, and how into it everyone got with the costumes and playing along. We had a princess, French maid, Mayor, Elvis, Southern belle, and Jessica Simpson, just to name a few.

The night went like this: We arrived promptly at 6pm,and received a questionnaire to fill out while getting to know everyone (#4 was, "Find the person who has chrome hubcaps." Me!). Alcohol was served. Once all the guests had arrived, JollyB announced that envelopes would be given out to everyone. The contents were unknown even to the hosts, and the information inside would tell us if we were the murderer, or if not, clues to lead us to the murderer of Skip Styles (a dummy splattered with ketchup near JollyB's computer). Once we thought we knew who the killer was, we wrote it down, time-stamped it, and gave it to the hosts. At the end, the first person to turn in the correct answer was the winner!

At first, I was intent on 1) misleading everyone into thinking I was the murderer, and 2) finding that bastard so he would never kill again, so help me God. My "information" told me to interrogate the maid. I did. She was shifty, and didn't look like she ate much. I never trust those girls.

There was a lot of delicious food at the party (real tamales, tortelloni, h
and-made dolmas, lots of cheese and crackers) and I needed to balance out the rum lemonades I was having. I decided the maid was as guilty as anyone at the party, wrote it down, and proceeded to start grazing in the kitchen. In character, of course.

Turns out, the killer was --

Come on. You know I can't tell you. You have to host your own party and figure it out yourself! Congrats and thanks to the hosts for throwing such a great bash.


_____
*For people who don't get to attend the Emmys or Oscars.

Today's Coffee Beverage: Java Chip Light Frappucino. Yummy.

No comments: