Tuesday, December 12, 2006

"Why Don't You Go Outside...

...and jerk yourself a soda?"

Anyone know that line? Anyone at all?

Annette Bening to Warren Beatty in Bugsy, the movie during which they fell in love. I remember reading an article where Warren said he loved the expression on her face when she said that line. Makes you want to go out and rent the movie to see it, right?


At the time I did just that, and who could have guessed that a few years later I would be dashing into Peet's with the legendary couple sitting on a bench outside, drinking coffee and reading the paper? I glanced at each one for only a moment, but it was unmistakably them. Annette with her big movie star glasses and signature red lips, Warren slightly disheveled, both looking mellow.

I ignored them both while freaking out internally, got my iced peppermint mocha, and passed them again on my way back to the car. Some knucklehead couldn't resist making himself at home next to them on the bench and blabbering away. They politely listened.

It must suck to be a celebrity.

No comments: