Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Results

In case you were wondering what the fudge would look like when it was done, here you go:Yes, that is the fudge in my garbage can. But that's the bad batch. There was a good batch too.
Let's begin at the beginning. To save money and be crafty, I was going to make everyone fudge squares. It was going to take four batches. The first one was delightful and came out perfectly, but then I got hasty and made the last three all together in a dutch oven.


Mmm... sugar, half and half, chocolate, butter... so yummy. The problem was not grouping the batches, but that I ran out of sugar and thought it would be okay to sub sugar in the raw - you know, the fat, grainy sugar? Big mistake. It never dissolved all the way, and so even when it hardened it looked like raw brownie batter. Live and learn.

Today being my last day of work before the break, I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and all that jazz. I may not have much to say until January 2, but I hope you will join me then for another year of blogging adventures!

Today's Coffee Beverage: Iced NF chai soy latte from Starbucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like fudge too. There's nothing funny about chocolate in the garbage. A moment of silence please.