Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Curse of Fame

Last night I saw a screening of The Good Shepherd. I had no expectations, but I walked out of that movie absolutely BLOWN AWAY. It comes out December 22 and I will definitely be seeing it again.

In the midst of falling more and more in love with the movie every single second, I was also very AWARE of Angelina Jolie when she was onscreen. In other words, she didn't just blend in as another character, because obviously her life over the past year has been all over the news. Yet another example of how being a celebrity must suck.

I found myself thinking things like:

She has fantastic breasts! I'll bet Brad enjoys them.
Wasn't she pregnant while filming this movie?

Hmmm, she does seem to have a very natural way with children.

I wonder if it's weird to kiss Matt Damon, since he is good friends with Brad?

I wonder if I grew my hair out, lost 20 lbs, and got collagen injections I could look like her... sister?
It seems like it would be fun to adopt a bunch of kids.
Interesting that she can be so demure, when in real life she seems very intimidating.
I want her life.

I am well aware that all these thoughts are silly and indicative of my mild obsession with celebrity gossip, and that even by blogging about it I am perpetuating the suckiness of celebrity. But I simply can't help it.


I'm going to go to People.com now and read about what Brangelina did yesterday.

Today's Coffee Beverage: Peet's iced NF white chocolate latte.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How are you getting in to all these screenings? I'm so jealous!!!