Friday, November 03, 2006

Casual Friday

I get in the car this morning and turn on the radio. "Under My Thumb" plays, followed by "I'm Never Gonna Give You Up," topped off with an Albertson's commercial featuring the plucky Patricia Heaton. It's gonna be a good day.

On Wednesday Harry Potter and Mark Twain gave me an interesting factoid I had never heard before: that our hair and nails continue growing long after we die, because they don't need a heartbeat to grow. They rely on the nutrients from our decomposing bodies instead. I was going to tell you all about it and offer up this photo as proof:



I did a little research (every good blogger needs to do her research). Imagine my disappointment when I saw this on the Answers.com page:


It is a myth that nails and hair will continue growing for several days after death. The appearance of growth is actually caused by the retraction of skin as the surrounding tissue dehydrates (desiccation) making nails and hair more prominent.

It is my pleasure to share with you the many blog links that were sent my way this week:

Carlos' Blog (MySpace)
Comedian Carlos promises there will be even more hilarious entries soon.
The Fast Lane
"People are generally right 80% of the time with their first thought and reaction. If you want the other 20%, look for a blog called 'The Slow Lane.'"
Aaron's Blog
(MySpace)
"I quote John Lennon, 'I don't believe in The Beatles, I just believe in me.' Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus and I'd still have to bum rides off of people."
This Dan Life
"The dreadfully painful life of an Asian goober."
Pudgy-Girl
Happenings around Los Feliz and the surrounding neighborhoods.
Love for the Loveless
"Come see the darker side of JAP."
5 Percent Celery
"Ranting on food, fashion, and faux pas."

Thanks for reading this week. See you Monday!

Today's Coffee Beverage: NF pumpkin spice latte from Peet's. I tend to go overboard with the pumpkin delicacies available at this time of year.

1 comment:

5%Celery said...

We love your blog. And also kielbasas. Especially the blog, though. We should totally do some joint Peet's sometime. Hey, do you have enough pull there to get them to serve us big German sausages?

xox
rachy and tehra @ 5percentcelery