Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Seven Point Five

This morning I thought about just how much my life revolves around getting enough sleep. Turns out it is number two on my list of priorities. The list looks like this:

1. Breathing
2. Getting enough sleep
3. Feeling happy
4. Eating

See, I am unable to feel happy or have the desire to eat until I sleep for 7.5 hours. But I am unable to sleep unless I am breathing. So breathing trumps sleeping.

I was thinking about all this because I wish I were one of those miracle people who needed only 4 hours a night. Oh, all the things I could accomplish! Depending on what you read, Einstein is said to have slept 12 hours or more a night, while Napolean and Thomas Edison required only 4-5 hours. If that is true, I suppose there is no correlation between sleep and productivity.

I'd better go make the most of my 16.5 hours awake.
_____

Is everyone excited about the return of T.A.F.K.A. Cat Stevens? I sure am. I might even buy a track of music. Or just go play the Greatest Hits album again.


Today's Coffee Beverage: NF Peppermint Mocha Latte from Starbucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I take exception with your premise that awake time is worthwhile. Being someone who really does need only 3 hours of sleep per day, you're not missing much. My daily 21 hours of life awake is quite boring. Regards, 3.