Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Post-Election

I was driving on the 101 North and saw a banner stretched across one of the overhead bridges. It read, "Mission Accomplished," over a background of stars and stripes.
_____

Once in awhile I get voicemails from my mom that are so wacky and funny that I have to save them. Here's the latest. Note my mom has a strong Polish accent, and that I sing "I'm a Little Teapot" on my outgoing message.

"Oh, hi Annie! I love your song! Cute, cute... (laughs)
And... Honey, Dad call and say, 'Should I park in the driveway or garage because maybe gonna be rain?' And I say, 'Eh... garage.'
And... eh... that's all. Have a nice day honey. I love you. Bye."
_____

A new discovery worth dishing about: the Variety Screening Series. All kinds of cool new movies screening before their release dates with Q&A with the directors/producers/writers, etc. The catch is you need to be a member of one of the guilds, or find a friend who is and have them bring you as a guest. Among the many events coming up:

An Inconvenient Truth THU 11/30 7:30PM
Q&A: Director Davis Guggenheim & Al Gore

The RSVP on-line thing wasn't working for me; you might have to call the magazine and leave an RSVP voicemail.

Today's Coffee Beverage: Went to Coffee Bean to get treats for a co-worker and myself. At the register realized my credit card was in the pocket of yesterday's jeans. Embarassing!

No comments: