Sunday, November 26, 2006

I Went With the...

...tortilla soup. It was a success!

I hope a lovely Thanksgiving weekend was had by all. Mine was filled with much lounging and leftovers and laundry. My life is consumed by laundry, really.
If I'm not thinking about laundry, I'm worried about having enough quarters for laundry. How is it that I just did mountains of it Friday and I already have another load ready to go?

I remember filling in as a nanny one week for a family in Evanston several years ago. Three school-aged kids, a beautiful three-story house on the beach, and the most extravagant thing I'd ever seen in a basement: TWO washers, and TWO dryers! It blew my mind. These folks had to be unbelievably rich. Of course it totally makes sense. When there's that much laundry, it helps to get it done twice as fast. I imagine with kids you have to do it daily. Wake up, fix everyone some Cheerios, and throw in a load of towels.

On a different and unrelated note, I cashed in a gift certificate at the Burke Williams Spa. I got to indulge in a massage which I very badly needed. My masseuse George asked how much pressure I wanted. I gave my standard reply, "Bruise me." I wanted my muscles to fall off and regenerate. He did a fine job. He kneaded my arms for so long I was sure he had molded me into Angela Basset, but no such luck. Looks like it's back to dumbbells tomorrow.

Is everyone else as rested and happy as me? I think we all can make it to Christmas.

RECENT CELEB SPOTTING: Mandy Moore at Coffee Bean on Hillhurst and Rachel Bilson at Mustard Seed for lunch.

Today's Coffee Beverage: I told you... I'm having green tea this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new celeb spotting addition.