Thursday, November 09, 2006

Neti Neti Joy Joy

What if I were to tell you I had a secret that would make you feel like a brand new person? That I knew of something so powerful, so life-changing, that if you were to try it you would never be the same? Would you try it? I'm betting that you would. I am calling my bookie right now to make that bet.

Think of all the things you do to make yourself feel better: eat well, exercise, shave, clip your toenails, go shopping, read the funny pages, watch Extreme Home Makeover. But there's a forgotten, neglected part of you crying for attention. I'm talking about nasal irrigation. You could say it's an all-natural Afrin. It's an enema for your nose. And who doesn't love enemas?
Those in the Indian culture say it's like brushing your teeth. Once you've tried it, you understand just what they mean. You start with a neti pot and finish with the deepest, cleanest breathing you have ever experienced. I know it sounds scary and bizarre. But you're curious, aren't you?
See HERE for more detailed instructions. Then get to your nearest health food store or Whole Foods and get a neti pot of your own. I recommend using a pinch of neti salt in the water solution. Also, be sure to blow the wet contents of your nose into a strong paper towel, preferably Bounty, rather than a flimsy piece of Kleenex. Otherwise... talk about having a mess on your hands!

I think the subtext of the above photo is that a neti pot will help you develop cute, perky breasts. Try it. Thank me. Pay it forward.

Today's Coffee Beverage: NF Winter Dream Tea Latte from Coffee Bean. I highly recommend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I feel like in the midwest, in the winter & freezing cold, it might be better to just be stuffed up?

Anonymous said...

Dude....you do NOT do that? Do you? I mean, if you do it - it's cute and all, it's just - I'm not! Perky breasts ahoy!

Ahhh, ahhhh, aaahhhCHO!

Teddy Tenenbaum said...

Glory glory hallelujah! Another amazing tip Ann. I can breathe clearly now the phlegm is gone. I can smell all obstacles in my way. I have a new nightly ritual.

P.S. My family now hates you because they've never seen anything more disgusting in their lives.

- Teddy