Thursday, November 16, 2006

Just Plain Koo Koo

What do I spy out the window while waiting in line this morning at Coffee Bean? Two friends sharing a morning tea and some conversation on the patio. I noticed they both worked at Koo Koo Roo, the delicious chicken joint with mac 'n' cheese and the best green beans ever. It struck me as odd that they were already in full uniform. It wasn't even 9am, and here they were in the KKR polo shirt, KKR baseball cap, and, best of all, the KKR APRON! Why anyone would walk around wearing an apron is beyond me, but there must have been a valid reason. Maybe it went like this:

Carmen's cell phone rings.

CARMEN
Hello?
ALEX
Hi Carmen, it's Alex.
(silence)
From work.
CARMEN
Oh, hi Alex. You need a ride to work or something?
ALEX
(deep breath)
I called because I thought we could go to the Coffee Bean before work.
CARMEN
Oh. Well, I already have my uniform on, and I don't really want to change...
ALEX
I have mine on too! Even the apron! We'll both wear it! Together!
CARMEN
Um... okay. So I'll see you in ten minutes.
ALEX
And you can pick me up, right, because my mom has the car today?
CARMEN
Sure.
ALEX
OK bye Carmen!

Oh, Carmen, can't you see how crazy Alex is about you?! On another note, good news about a love story that started much the same way: hearty congratulations to my co-worker Margot on her engagement! She and her beau are known to friends of the blog as Mark Twain and Harry Potter. May they live a long and happy life together, full of potions and magic spells and literary greatness.

Today's Coffee Beverage: Iced NF Mocha

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forgive me if it's foolish to ask, but what does "NF" indicate?

Gotta Kielbasa said...

Not foolish at all. Non Fat. On the cup the cashier writes "NF."

Anonymous said...

I beg to differ with your coffee choice on the basis that NF is bad. NF makes a person fat. It sounds stupid, but it is true. NF milk has more carbs and carbs make a person fat. Fat, on the other hand, does not make a person fat, which is really dumb. Why call it fat if it doesn't make a person fat?

Just one of the many nuggets of trivia I have.

Also, do you think it is fair that if a person orders a book for next day shipping and it arrives two days later that the person should only get reimbursed the difference between one day and two day shipping? I do not think that is fair at all. I think that a person should not have to pay shipping at all if a book does not arrive on time.