Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Shoes

Last night was Shrek's company's holiday party at Lucky Strike at Hollywood & Highland. Wonderful fun! I had never been to this place but would most certainly go again. It's like a hip and roomy bar that happens to have bowling. Lots of groups there, but not overly crowded. Also, not too dark or noisy. Seems like a nice place to have a birthday party. If you have yours there, be sure to invite me.
I wore my finest bowling attire:

Roommate DeeHo is in Chicago for a couple of weeks. The first few days she is gone are always great; I leave dishes in the sink, try on her clothes, and sleep in her super-luxurious bed if I feel like it (it's cool, she knows). And while I used to really enjoy living alone, I've grown to love the mundane end-of-the-day chitchat you experience with a great roommate. Since she's not online right now for me to IM, I'm going to say a quick hello across the country....

Hi D! So, this week I borrowed the following from your closet: the red boatneck long-sleeve shirt Monday, your black peacoat yesterday, and today your beige corduroy skirt. I promise to have it all washed by the time you return. The skirt was a MUST because yesterday I got the cutest shoes on the planet.
Chocolate brown patent leather pointy-toe kitten heel shoes. You'll die. They make me feel as sassy as a girl with an entirely see-through bowling outfit. Got 'em at Marshalls. $40. Not bad, right? But of course I still feel guilty because I should be spending that money on Chanukah gifts for you.

When I showed off my shoes to Lynn in casting she commented on how they show the tops of my toes and that apparently some men consider that sexy. She called it "foot cleavage." DeeHo, have you ever heard of such a thing?! I have not, but I'll go with it. I've never thought of my toes that way before. I'll flash Shrek and say, "Hey baby. Notice anything different about my feet?"

I miss you and your fab pajamas. Come home soon!

Today's Coffee Beverage: Green Tea. Okay, that's a lie. Iced peppermint mocha from Coffee Bean. My second time having it, and there's something not quite right about the flavor. I'm retiring that drink.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shoes on the picture looks great!...I like my red josef seibel shoes...i love wearing them...